Skip to content
- BASE METAL : Panels are manufactured using special grade steel, usually 1.5mm thick and formed into tray panels with flanges of between 25 and 40mm. The steel conforms to the requirements of BS EN 10209.
- PANEL SIZES : Maximum -3000 x 1200mm. Corner panels 3000 x 800 x 350mm
- FABRICATION : Panels are formed to the shapes and sizes detailed in approved drawings, to a tolerance of +/-2mm. Flanges will be formed by folding to an outside radius of 3mm. All welds positioned in visible areas are ground to remove surface roughness.
- VITREOUS ENAMEL : Both sides of a panel are coated with specially selected ground coat enamel frits to ensure good enamel to steel adhesion. The panel face side is further coated with enamel cover coat using frits selected for good surface appearance and gloss properties.
- All enamelling is in accordance with BS 3830.
- Face side enamel colour can be selected from RAL, Pantone or BS standard ranges (subject to confirmation)
– colour match samples can be arranged when requested.
- CORE MATERIALS : The following are available; • Cement based fibre board • Polyurethane foam • Aluminium honeycomb.
- BALANCER MATERIAL : When specified, 0.6mm thick galvanised balancer is employed to improve panel flatness and rigidity.
- BONDING : The core and balancer materials are bonded to the rear of tray panels using a two-part polyurethane adhesive. After application, the composite assembly is pressed under vacuum pressure against platens having a flatness tolerance of +/-0.2mm, until the adhesive reaches handling strength.